Ankylosing spondylitis – symptoms, causes and treatment
Weight loss, fatigue, malaise, low back pain, sacroiliac pain, back leg pain, stiffness in the back (especially early in the morning), aching and stiffness in the hips and shoulders.
This is an autoimmune disorder. So many poisons have accumulated in the body from wrong eating, overwork, and stress that the immune system attacks the tissues lining the joints. Uric acid toxins, a by-product of eating meat, accumulate in the joints. They form crystals, which result in inflammation and pain.
For some reason, tension and stress help bring on the pain and stiffness. Malnutrition can also be involved. When proper nutrients are lacking, toxins tend to accumulate in the body. A lack of minerals (especially calcium, magnesium, and silicon) can strengthen the problem.
• Eliminate meat from the diet. Reduce the tensions; eliminate the anger, worry, and feverish way of life.
• Go on a 3-day fast of vegetable juices and green drinks. Clean out the bowels with enemas or colonics.
• Improve the diet to a simple, nourishing one, as discussed elsewhere in this book.
• Include a vitamin/mineral supplement, and also a calcium supplement. Essential fatty acids are important. Vitamins A, C, E, selenium, and zinc are needed to rebuild the immune system.
• Learn to relax and appreciate the blessings of life which you have.