Build house as per Vastu Shashra
Build house as per Vastu Shashra – Vastu shastra firmly believe that a house built without integrating vastu principles is dangerous. Total disregard of the cosmic influences makes a household vulnerable to all that can be possibly negative. As we struggle against conflict, we will continuously go through life with serious complications. Believers maintain that all else happening is never too late to adhere to vastu principles as there are corrective steps
that can be taken to become sturdy and progressive. Under Vastu Shastra, the house should be constructed with the following views in mind:
The Main Doors and Windows:
• Make sure they are located in the East. Placements may be modified as Northeast, East of Northeast, or North of Northeast. This location allows the positive energy to flow into the room. As an added feature it even suggests the swastika symbol to be placed on the door aside from suggesting heavy decorations as adornment.
• Vastu house construction recommends that the house should have two points of entry. They should not be set in a straight line and the one which is used as an exit door should be smaller and must have only one shutter.
• The main door being larger than the other doors should be equipped with two shutters. A recommended material for a door to bring in good balance is teak.
• For a main entrance to be ideal, vastu shastra prescribes the following:
• The main entrance should not face a wall and a door opening to the next room should be provided
• Make sure that a shadow does not loom on the main door
• It is not advisable to position the main entry point at the center of the house or in the extreme corners
• It is also important in vastu principles that the main entrance should not face road intersections or dead end roads
• There shouldn’t be large trees or imposing lamp posts that appear to be blocking the entrance
• If there is a short flight of stairs leading to the main entrance, the number of steps should be kept even
• It is not advisable for two houses to share a single main entrance
The Living Room
- In keeping with the traditional spots for living room you can have it at the forefront of the house, wide, and as large as you please. This is because the living room ranks first in the vastu shastra household. However, take heed as to where the dwellers are supposed to face while inside the room. Facing the East can give good results while facing the North could also be beneficial provided the living room is
situated at the front side instead of front center.
- Don’t construct your living room on the west side or south side of your front roomas these spots will not give-off the correct vibrations of the cosmic energy.
- You can keep more than one door for living rooms in accordance with vastu shastra but keep it in the right location. Keep this room beautiful and decorate as well as you can to promote a life with little strife and with much enjoyment.
- Be careful where you position yourself if you are in this room. If it will be used for discussions or business deals observe your seating arrangements. As the owner,take a seat that faces towards the East and your guests or business associates should sit facing the south or west. This seating arrangement will give you victory on the negotiation aspects.
- For male family members, vastu places their bedrooms in the West or Northwest since this section holds commanding and authoritative forces.
- For female family members, the South or Southeast will ensure good health and happiness if their bedroom doors and windows are
- Main or Master’s Bedroom is suitably located at the Southwest.
- Bedrooms of adult married children are also ideally placed here at the Southwest. For that matter if there is a second story level, the master’s bedroom should be located on the said second level. It would be unwise to choose this area for children’s bedroom as it is said to cause trouble.
- It is not advisable for newly wed couples to use the east side for their bedroom as it is said to bring bad luck.
- The following bed habits, norms and decors should be observed:
- If one is sleeping as a guest, he should not sleep with his head facing north. Otherwise the bedroom owner should sleep heads facing east or south while sleeping As one rises out of bed he should set his right foot first on the floor.
- If one studies in the room the east side should be used to achieve best results.
- Northwest and Southside of the bedroom is ideal place for putting the wardrobes, while TVs and heaters should be located in the Southeast corner.
- If there should be a bathroom within the room, it is best to put it in the west or north sides of the room.
- It is not advisable to put safes in the bedroom but if necessary, place the safe on the south wall.
- Place something on the southwest corner of the room since it is not advisable to keep this spot empty.
- Photos, calendars, idols, or statues should not be kept in bedrooms.
- Never keep the room in total darkness, instead keep a night bulb lighted.
- Recommended colors for bedroom walls are light rose, dark blue, or dark green but never white or light yellow.
Vastu provides the following pointers for the children’s bedroom:
- Children’s bedrooms are best located in the Northwest or Eastside of the house.
- There should be vacant spaces in the North side and East side in a children’s bedroom. If a space could not be provided, place the child’s bed at the South, West, or Southwest corner.
- The directions of their head while laid in their beds should be on the East side with the legs placed towards the west side. This is said to attract energy that will bring intelligence and memory power.
- Vastu places the West and South for the bathroom and provides that the flow of its drain should be towards Northeast. This position has something to do with thesun falling on the body after a good bath.
- Positioning of the toilet should be at the West or Northwest of the room at a levelof 30 to 60 cm above the ground.
- If the bathroom is structured as an attachment to the building, it should be positioned on the West or Northwest and never on the
- Northeast side.
- Bathtubs and sinks are best located on the Northeast, North, or East side of the room.
The Dining Room
- Vastu recommends the dining room to be near or attached to the kitchen and situated either at the Southeast, Northwest, or Northeast corner of the house.To encourage profitability coming in, place the dining room at the West side of the building.
- It is best to keep in mind not to place your kitchen at the Southwest corner of the house since it is said to obstruct financial increase and brings certain detriments to the health of its dwellers.
- You can place the dining table at the center
- entry of the house but make sure that it is not situated towards the Southwest corner.
- Positioning the kitchen on the ground floor and the dining room on the upper floor is said to be improper since carrying food while crossing stairs is in itself improper.
- During mealtime, the proper table places should have the head of the family facing the East while the rest should either face East, West, or North. It is said that placing a family member in a position facing the South will result to pettyquarrels.
- Make sure that the door of the dining room area does not face the main entrance of the room.
- The dining hall area must have a door to the East, North, or West and should not be decorated with arches.
- Dining tables should either be square, rectangular in shape or never round, eggshaped,or irregular. Dining tables attached or folded against the wall are not advisable.
- There should be water and wash basin in the East or North but never in the Southeast or Southwest corner of the room.
Landscape paintings or portraits of nature will permit a happy atmosphere in the dining area. In addition keep the dining room positive by painting the walls with light blue, yellow, saffron, or light green hues.
- Toilets are best kept as not annexed to the dining room although there’s no harm for the laundry room to be near the dining room.
1.The Kitchen Position the kitchen at the Southeast, although placing it in the Northwest can also be desirable. Whichever of these locations get occupied by the kitchen should also consider the cook who should be placed at the East. Avoid using the Northeast part of the house for kitchens; it’s bound to bring negative vibrations concerning family relationships and finances.
2. The location of the sink where the tap water should be located at the Northeast and must not be near the stove or fire area since situations like this will hold back peace and mutual love within the family.
3. It is a must to avoid placing the kitchen at the Northeast corner since conflict among family member will always take place.
4. Storage shelves and attics should be in the South and West particularly those that are heavy.
The Pooja or the Prayer Room
1. The pooja room is ideally placed at the Northeast corner of the house preferably on the ground floor; if this isn’t possible, alternative areas can be East, South, and West but never on the Northwest.
2. Although we may explore areas here as to where we can have the Gods give more attention to our prayers, we should not forget the fact that our Gods can be prayed too almost anywhere because it is our faith and devotion that will be looked upon.
3. Pictures and icons of the gods to be worshipped should face either the East or the West, while the person in worship should face either the East or the North. The altar should not be attached to the wall but instead kept about 2.5 cm away from the wall.
4. If possible, it is good for a Pooja room to be pyramid in shape sloping inward and pointing upwards to the roof. But it is more important for the pooja room to have a door with two shutters.
5. Pooja room should not share a common wall with the toilet or be placed opposite the bathroom or the toilet. This is in keeping with the pooja room being kept fragrant aside from being kept clean and clutter free since the room is a receptacle for blessings. It shouldn’t be situated above electrical appliances or gas stoves either as there are a lot of external energy emanating from these gadgets.
6. White, light blue, or light yellow are the perfect colors for the pooja room.
The Study Room
- The Northeast of the house is the perfect spot for a study room. To make its location a more beneficial, place it next to the pooja or
prayer room. When using this room be sure that you’re facing East or North.
- The library section should take the West side but not in the corners. Avoid placing your bookshelves in the Northwest or Southwest; having them on the East, West, or North of the room will give better benefits.
- The Northeast corner is the best for a study room. If the study room and place of worship room are adjacent then it is considered most beneficial.
- Provide this room with a two-shuttered door located at the North, Northeast, or West of the room while set your windows on the East, North, or West of the room.
- Similar to the prayer room, setting up a pyramidal study room will allow a good place for meditation.
- Have the study room painted either with white, sky blue, cream, or light green to give it the right touch.
The Swimming Pool (or Underground Water Tank, Wells, and Bore-Well)
- The swimming pool, underground water tank, wells, and bore-wells are ideally constructed in the East or Northeast of the property; another choice would simply be the North side as these are favorable spots outside of the house.
- As water denotes a positive flow of cash, bank balances, and good credit for the residents, take note that the flow of the swimming pool or water item should begin from the Northeast side going to the East side or from the Northeast side going to the North side.
- For more positive results, the slope inside a swimming pool should begin from the West to the East if the pool is located at the North side. On the other hand, if the pool is located on the East side of the property, the slope in the swimming pool should begin from the South to the North.
- Wells and tube wells are also ideally placed on the Northeast corner of the property; otherwise the home owner is bound to suffer from financial losses based on Vastu Shastra studies.
The Overhead Water Tank
- Contrary to underground water tanks, the overhead water tank should be placed Southwest as the best location or West corner as an alternative location in the corner buildings. Neither should the overhead water tank be placed in the middle of the building roof.
Placing the overhead water tank in the Northwest corner is acceptable only if the tank is small and located about a meter away from the building’s corner roof.
- In the correct location, the overhead water tanks should be placed elevated on a platform about a meter from roof level.
If possible choose overhead tanks that are light colored and not made of plastic. If plastic tanks could not be avoided, make it black or dark blue plastic to avoid microbial growth usual in water containers.
- Ideally, there should be a separate water tank for the kitchen where water is used for food handling and for the bathroom where water is used for general cleaning purposes.
The Balconies and Verandahs
- The balcony can achieve good health and wealth if it is incorporated at the Northeast of a house being constructed. If the house is already constructed and a balcony was placed in the Southwest, this should be corrected by enclosing it with glass or screen affixtures.
The floor or roof of a balcony should be at a lower level than the floor of the main building.
- A slanted tin balcony roof where the corners of the structure are not rounded comprises a good balcony or verandah feature.
- Avoid arches and planting creepers on the verandah while flower pots should be kept in minimal sizes.
- Seating arrangements on the verandah should be set on the South or West sides. While provisions for shoes to be removed upon entering the house from point of the verandah, should be at the Northeast.
A staircase which is considered as a heavy installation is preferably situated in the South or West part of the house. Do not utilize the North or East part of the house for a staircase as it denotes conflict between heavy objects being placed on light zones.
Should a home dweller insist on putting the staircase on the North or East side of the house, it is highly probable that the household will suffer loss of wealth. The following are some Vastu Shastra tips in installing a staircase for your house:
1. In coming up with a staircase, the total number of stairs should not end with a zero, for example 10 or 20 steps. Neither should they end with even numbers since Vastu Shastra believes that this makes possible the idea of starting your climb with the right foot. The right foot is equated with gain while the left foot is associated with loss.
2. Circular stairways are not recommended.
3. The doorway meeting the top of the stairway should be at least 20 cm lower than the doorway located at the bottom of the stairs.
4. Broken stairs should immediately undergo repairs.
5. The prayer room, safe, or toilet should not be placed directly under a staircase.