Career in marketing research
Career in marketing research:
- Vice-President of Marketing Research: This is the senior position in marketing research. The VP is responsible for the entire marketing research operation of the company and serves on the top management team. Sets the objectives and goals of the marketing, research department.
- Research Director: Also a senior position, the director has the overall responsibility for the development and execution of all the marketing research projects.
- Assistant Director of Research: Serves as an administrative assistant to the director and supervises some of the other marketing research staff members.
- (Senior) Project Manager: Has overall responsibility for design, implementation, and management of research projects.
- Statistician/Data Processing Specialist: Serves as an expert on theory and application of statistical techniques. Responsibilities include experimental design, data processing, and analysis.
- Senior Analyst: Participates in the development of projects and directs the operational execution of the assigned projects. Works closely with the analyst, junior analyst, and other personnel in developing the research design and data collection. Prepares the final report. The primary responsibility for meeting time and cost constraints rests with the senior analyst.
- Analyst: Handles the details involved in executing the project. Designs and pretests the questionnaires and conducts a preliminary analysis of the data.
- Junior Analyst: Handles routine assignments such as secondary data analysis, editing and coding of questionnaires, and simple statistical analysis.
- Field Work Director: Responsible for the selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of interviewers and other field workers.